Hit & Run

Automobile accidents can have devastating consequences, including property damage, injuries, and criminal charges. That law requires the driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in bodily injury or death, or damage to a vehicle, to stop and provide basic information to the other driver, including their name, address, date of birth and driver’s license. If you are charged with “leaving the scene of an accident” or “hit and run,” you should immediately contact a Duluth criminal lawyer to ensure your case is properly evaluated. 

Hit and Run Legal Defense

At Poole Law Office PLLC it is our goal to achieve the best resolution in your matter. We will thoroughly investigate your case by interviewing witnesses and gathering evidence.  Armed with the facts, we will put together your best defense and protect your rights.  We understand that things are not always what seem, and we will aggressively fight to bring out the truth.

Hit and Run Penalties

Hit and run penalties can be severe.  If the accident resulted in the death of a person, a driver who flees the scene can be charged with a felony and may be sentenced to up to three years in prison and/or a fine as high as $5,000. If the accident results in great bodily harm to a person, and the driver fails to stop and provide the required information, that driver can also be charged with a felony; however, the penalties are slightly less, with a maximum sentence of two years imprisonment and/or a fine as high as $4,000.

Contact A Duluth Hit and Run Lawyer

If you have been accused of hit and run, you need a Duluth criminal lawyer to aggressively handle your matter. To learn more about how Poole Law Office PLLC can help you, call us at 218-461-0247 to schedule your free consultation, or fill out our contact form and someone from our office will contact you shortly.

Poole Law Office PLLC also assists people in the areas of Criminal Defense, DWI / DUI, Divorce, and Bankruptcy.

(The content on this page is for informational purposes only, shall not be used as legal advice, and is absolutely no substitute for contacting an attorney for help)