Probation Violation

Violating the terms of probation can have severe consequence and could potentially land you in jail or prison.  Because the consequences can be extreme, it is crucial that you speak with a Duluth criminal lawyer so that you fully understand your options.  With aggressive representation at the probation violation hearing, you might be able to prove that you actually did not violate the terms of probation, or at least minimize the consequence.  To learn how our Duluth criminal attorney can help you, contact Poole Law Office PLLC today and schedule your free consultation.

Violating Probation Terms

There are a number of ways a person can violate their probation. There may be a communication breakdown with the probation officer, a new criminal charge, or simply put the person didn’t fully understand the terms of their probation.  We understand there are two sides to every story, and at Poole Law Office PLLC we can ensure the judge understands your perspective.

Probation Violation Hearings

If the probation officer alleges you violated probation, a judge may issue a warrant for your arrest. Once in custody, you will be served with a notice of alleged violations. It is important that you discuss the alleged violations with a Duluth probation violation lawyer before you admit or deny the violations in court. Depending on the nature of the underlying crime and your original sentence, admitting the violation could result in an execution of your sentence, or the loss of a stay of imposition or stay of adjudication. At Poole Law Office PLLC we will ensure you pick the best course of action.

Contact a Duluth Probation Violations Lawyer

To learn more about how we can help you, call us today at 218-461-0247 or fill out our contact form to schedule your free consultation and learn about your rights and options.

Poole Law Office PLLC also practices in the areas of criminal defense, DWI, divorce and bankruptcy.

(The content on this page is for informational purposes only, shall not be used as legal advice, and is absolutely no substitute for contacting an attorney for help)